NEWS FLASH! Thursday, February 23, 2017, the forum software was incrementally upgraded from 3.0.14 to 3.1.10, then to phpBB 3.2, making this installation current. This new release contains many new features and improvements for forum users and administrator alike.

Enjoy!

An Even Newer Home for Fusion Culinaire!

Recipes, restaurant reviews and helpful kitchen tips for the culinary aficionado.

Moderator: Inner Sanctum

sysadm
Site Admin

An Even Newer Home for Fusion Culinaire!

Postby sysadm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 am

When the domain fusionculinaire.com lapsed a couple of years back, I attempted to re-purchase it for a longer period of time. However, 1and1, the domain registrar I tried out for 1 year, seized control of the domain name and posted it for resale for $799.00 US. They apparently felt that it was prime internet real-estate! Anywho, I folded both my food blog and my book blog into a sub-domain of the personal site, which is how it stood for over a year. Last December, I moved to a new registrar and was able to re-activate amazoniabookshoppe.com for free for a year, however, I had to settle on a new domain name for my food blog - hence, fusion-culinaire.com. My Fusion Culinaire food blog, far exceeds any other site I've ever maintained. Before the original domain lapsed, my traffic was approaching 10k a month, which is a threshold into the rank of "biggies".

As the numbers are beginning to rise once again, I vow to stay on top of this domain name business and prevent a lapse from ever happening again. Fortunately, the competition between registrars is causing a price war, so the prices are extremely affordable. We'll see how long that lasts!! 8-)