Latest Reading Project

Open discussion for sharing interests and opinions of books.

Moderator: Inner Sanctum

sysadm
Site Admin

Latest Reading Project

Postby sysadm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm

After wrapping-up James Robertson's "Stonewall Jackson", I began the New York TImes Best Selling work, "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy" by Eric Metaxas. I would be interested to hear what others have to say about this book, the man, and the man's writings.

sysadm
Site Admin

Re: Latest Reading Project

Postby sysadm » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Wrapped up Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy - Eric Metaxas and began a Steve Martini thriller titled "Double Tap". Next I want to tackle Bonhoeffer's "Cost of Discipleship", probably his most well-known publication.

sysadm
Site Admin

Postby sysadm » Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Since my last post I've finished "Double Tap" by Steve Martini (interesting in a legal thriller sort of way), "Cradle and All" by James Patterson (eerie with a touch of Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, Stephen King and Dean Koontz) and am now into "Grant" by Jean Smith which is still on the NYT best seller list. Being that I'm really into history and especially American Civil War, it's very enlightening.
:)

sysadm
Site Admin

Postby sysadm » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:57 am

Wow, a lot has happened since my last update on this forum. Hell, it's 2015! I've read nearly 100 books since my last post here!

I'm currently working on "The Golden Age", a novel by Gore Vidal and also a biography, "Mellon - An American Life" by David Cannadine.

After recently wrapping up "The Garden of the Beast" by Erik Larson, about 1930s Berlin during the rise of Hitler and the Third Reich, I'm still in the mindset for the period, hence, the Gore Vidal novel.

I try to stay more current on this forum, just in case anybody happens to visit.